How to Watch BBC iPlayer Abroad
The BBC is the one of the world’s oldest public TV broadcasters. They’re also one of the very best, with content that is respected around the world. But if you try and access these great shows from anywhere outside of the UK, geo-restrictions will prevent you. However, using SmartyDNS, you can watch BBC iPlayer abroad with zero difficulty.
Why Can’t I Watch BBC iPlayer Outside the UK?
- Most streaming services around the world make use of geo-restrictions. This means that these sites recognise where you are accessing them from, thanks to your IP address.
- Since streaming sites know that you are not in the UK, they generally block you from accessing any of the content.
Why Is BBC iPlayer Blocked Outside the UK?
- UK TV License. The BBC is a public broadcaster, paid for by taxes and the UK license fee. The license fee is paid by households in possession of a TV, and the requirements for a TV license are considered to be applicable to online streaming as well. That means that, if you’re trying to watch BBC abroad, they are going to assume that you aren’t in possession of a UK TV license, and they will block you.
- Broadcast rights. Broadcast rights for the BBC, like most streaming sites, are territorial. That means that the rights, and the laws that govern them, are specific to the UK. If you were to watch BBC iPlayer outside UK, you would be governed by the laws of the country you were in, which would not necessarily correspond to the laws and rights in the UK.
However, despite these setbacks, there are still ways to access this exceptional content from anywhere in the world. Unsurprisingly, given the quality of what is on offer, there are ways to sidestep these geo-restrictions and watch BBC iPlayer abroad. And Smart DNS is one of them. Technology has risen to the challenges posed by geo-restrictions, meaning that you can watch BBC outside UK areas provided you have the right tools.
How to Watch BBC iPlayer Abroad
The answer to the question ‘Can I watch BBC iPlayer abroad’ is: Yes. We give you everything you need to unblock BBC iPlayer. As a result, you can watch BBC abroad, and stay up to date on all the latest available programs.
There are two main ways to watch BBC iPlayer abroad:
A VPN (or Virtual Private Network) is a way to mask your IP address and alter the way in which you access the internet. This means that you appear to be accessing websites from a different location than your actual one. By using a VPN service, you are able to avoid geo-restrictions to watch BBC iPlayer abroad. However, as a VPN will encrypt all your traffic, they can slow down your internet speed.
A Smart DNS is a way of routing some of your internet traffic through proxy servers. By routing your traffic through one of these servers, you can make it appear as though you are accessing sites from within that country. And because a Smart DNS does not encrypt your data, you can continue to enjoy high internet speeds.
How to watch BBC iPlayer Abroad with SmartyDNS?
On What Devices Can You Watch BBC iPlayer Abroad using SmartyDNS?
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Smart TV
Now TV Box
Besides BBC iPlayer, using SmartyDNS you’ll be able to unblock:
- BBC Sport
- BBC News
- BBC Radio
- BBC Bitesize
- Other 290+ webistes from USA, UK, Germany, France, Poland, Canada, Sweden, etc
The BBC is known around the world as one of the most important broadcasters in history. Thanks to SmartyDNS, it takes you seconds to get around the geo-restrictions and watch BBC iPlayer online, as well as listen to any of their extensive radio broadcasting. With more content than ever before, both old and new, there’s never been a better time to check out the catalogue of this top flight company.Get SmartyDNS now